Wednesday 24 October 2012

Eating humble pie/chocolate cake


The highlight for the children today has been a Birthday celebration, although I think the chocolate birthday cake at lunch was the best bit for them. As one of the parents put it, isn’t Steve lucky to spend his birthday with a group of 2 & 3 year olds…... (Steve is not a childminder, he is my husband and bravely decided to take the day off to share his birthday with us all).

Now, I was a little harsh yesterday. Looking back over my last post has made me realise that I was being unfair on the CFC. I focused on two negatives because I was disappointed about losing the childminding book. But of course I do get a lot out of using the centre, for a start they allow us to hold a childminder drop-in there, and they are always welcoming and happy to help where they can.
My husband has commented that my previous post was full of unnecessary words. I think he means I was repeating myself, which is probably true. I do not find writing comes easily. I usually have to edit things many times before I’m finally satisfied that my writing makes sense, is spelt correctly and that I actually have something meaningful to say. Grammar is not a strong point either so I will move swiftly on.
 
This blog is a warts and all reflection of me. Sometimes I’m a bit grumpy, although I hope never with the children because that just wouldn’t do. But sometimes I am exasperated about what you might call the politics of my job. I did think about deleting yesterdays post. But I decided not to because I want the freedom to be honest here, and that means I will be expressing all my frustrations, triumphs and the total enjoyment of my life as a childminder- warts and all. (And no doubt I will be eating more humble pie in the future when I realise my words were written in the heat of the moment, and on reflection things are not half as bad as I paint them.)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could talk to them about the book? Maybe they don't realise how important it is?

    Happy birthday to Steve, hope he enjoyed his cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday greetings for Steve. My hubby always has his birthday off so has to share it with the minded children as well lol. I don't think you should ever delete a blog post as it was how you were feeling at the time and I think blogs should be a warts and all thing. I am a terrible speller and my grammar is terrible but as not many people read my blog then I'm afraid they have to take it or leave it (although I do try to spell check things. As a fellow childminder it is the little things like the missing book which get to you at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete