Monday 19 November 2012

forums and time


Last week I lost one of the childminding forums I visit, it was a bit like having the rug removed from beneath your feet or finding the wrong filling in your sandwich.
But another one came along to fill the void so all's well and good. I have many online friends and luckily a high proportion of them have found it too. I find online communities a very useful support system, as I mentioned before living here and being a non-driver I sometimes feel cut off from the rest of the childcare world.
 
But in this world of faceless communication I am very careful not to get lulled into a false sense of security when visiting the forums. I know it is important to be on guard for 'trolls' or worse, and for that reason I have a robust internet policy in place and (hopefully) my wits about me. And of course I never divulge any personal information about the families or children I care for.


 
Over the weekend I have been busy creating a sleep corner for the babies who come here. I found a small cot that would fit into the available space, it came with a cute quilt but no sheet. I have since discovered why. Small cots do not take standard cot sheets! and small cots sheets are not easy to come by. Thankfully I'm handy with the sewing machine.
I hunted around for a theme to decorate the space and found some really lovely wall stickers with rabbits, owls, and stars......the choice was seemingly endless and after some hours of searching and not being able to make up my mind, I decided I would paint a design free-hand and keep things simple. Because by this time it was late afternoon and I was literally running out of time!

 

 
That's the problem with the internet, you can spend hours on it without realising the time is flying by.

Still, I am a procrastinator so that's ok :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment